Next Steps After Acceptance to Accelerate
Once you have been accepted to Baylor's Accelerate, please be sure you complete the following steps in order to get ready for your semester:
- Enroll with Baylor's DUO two-factor authentication platform. DUO adds a second layer of security for your personal information. DUO must be registered through the student mobile device. Find more helpful instructions here. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Help Desk at 254-710-4357.
- Complete the Advising Questionnaire in your goBAYLOR account and check your Baylor email for communication from your Baylor advisor, who will arrange a time to connect with you for advising and class registration.
- Check your Baylor email regularly, using your Bear_ID to log in. This is the official way that Baylor will communicate with you about deadlines and important updates. Your faculty members will also use this as a primary means of communication in addition to the course information in Canvas. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Help Desk at 254-710-4357.
Learning Accommodations: Students who are seeking support services from the Baylor University Office of Access and Learning Accommodation (OALA) on the basis of a disability are required to submit appropriate documentation that they have a disability, as defined by ADA Title III and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and that they need the requested services or accommodations to participate in Baylor programs. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS ELECTRONICALLY VIA EMAIL AT: OALA EMAIL
- Download the Navigate App for customized guidance to have your best academic experience at Baylor! In the app you can make key appointments (advising, tutoring, learning lab, academic mentoring, etc.), sync your course schedule with your preferred calendar app, connect with other students in your classes via Study Buddies, quickly access key campus resources as well as the people on campus who are part of your Success Team, and so much more. Check out these videos for more info about how to use some features in the app.
- Pay your charges. View your semester E-Bill statement in the E-Bill System and either make payment-in-full or enroll in a Payment Plan.
- If you're an international student taking summer courses, you might have additional steps related to your summer enrollment. Learn more here.
- Get familiar with Canvas. Canvas is how most professors communicate assignments, homework and grades with their classes throughout the semester. Professors publish content to Canvas at their own paces; some classes will be posted sooner than others. You will want to log into your Canvas account to familiarize yourself with the layout and content before the semester begins. You can also download the Canvas app using these links:
- Purchase Your Books. Your professor(s) are working diligently to build their courses to be ready for the first day of class. They will make the course available for you to see few days before the class begins, in some cases, sooner. Your professor will have a list of books and other materials you’ll need for the course(s) posted in the Canvas course site. You should be able to find all of the books and other materials for your course(s) at the Baylor Bookstore.
- Get your college student mindset on. We know that college courses may seem intimidating right now, but Baylor has a wealth of resources to help you adjust quickly to thinking like a college student. Now is the time to review the following links so that you can hit the ground running on day one of classes.
- Keep in mind key dates for the semester, such as the first day of class, final date to withdraw and dates for finals. The Registrar's website has great information about semester dates and deadlines, and Student Financial Services is a great site to be familiar with for refund dates and other financial resources.
- Review the Baylor Honor Code. As a Baylor student, you will be held to a high standard of academic integrity. It is the responsibility of each student to be familiar with the Honor Code.